December 9-December 10, 2021
- International House Hotel, 221 Camp Street New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
- With your safety in mind, every participant must present proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 or a negative test result less than 72 hour old.
- PhotoNOLA and International House Hotel will be following all public health protocol set by the city and CDC.
- Participants must have stable internet and a working mic. Working video strongly encouraged.
- Participants should have working knowledge of Zoom video meeting functions, including screen share.
When: Thursday, December 9, 2021 and Friday, December 10, 2021, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT
Cost: $550 in-person/$500 online for eight individual, 20-minute review sessions.
*$150 off of in-person reviews for Gulf Coast Region Residents (LA, TX, MS, AL, and FL)*
If we are able to fill your spots, you will receive a refund minus a $100 processing fee. Cancellations must be made before November 30, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. CT.
Cancellations on December 1, 2021 or later are not eligible for refunds.
Why are portfolio reviews important to your photographic arts practice?
PhotoNOLA’s Portfolio Review program offers photographers the chance to present their work to influential members of the photographic community. Twenty-minute face-to-face meetings with gallery owners, editors, publishers and museum curators provide photographers with networking opportunities, critical advice, and guidance for bringing their work to a larger audience.
Reviews are a wonderful opportunity for photographers of all levels to begin important relationships with established professionals in the photographic field. Sharing work with reviewers and fellow photographers can result in new opportunities to exhibit, publish and sell work.
As a result of PhotoNOLA, past participants have been hired for editorial assignments, awarded solo shows, featured in PDN, B&W and Diffusion magazines, picked up by galleries for representation, and had work purchased for museum acquisitions. The Friday evening PhotoWALK offers participating photographers a chance to share their portfolios with the general public, additional reviewers and each other. At the end of the weekend, reviewers will rank their favorite portfolios. The photographer earning the most votes will be awarded the PhotoNOLA Review Prize.