La Cathedrale/The Cathedral
Lithograph on paper
Louisiana State Museum, T0347.1991
This view of Chartres Street looks east, from St. Peter Street. On the left are the Cabildo, St. Louis Cathedral, and the Presbytere. Jackson Square appears on the right. The lithograph is based likely on a daguerreotype by Lion described in the New Orleans Bee in 1840. None of Lion’s photographs have been identified to date.