For submission guidelines, scroll to the bottom of the page. Please read the guidelines and application requirements thoroughly.
Eligibility: Submissions are open to all current New Orleans Photo Alliance members. Entrants may join or renew membership here.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Deadline: October 28, 2022
Notification: November 4, 2022
Receipt of artwork: BEFORE December 5, 2022
Exhibition Dates: November 28, 2022 – January 29, 2023
Opening Reception: December 9, 2022
Submission Requirements & Guidelines
Your entry must include:
- A portfolio of 5 to 10 images from a cohesive body of work. Theme is open.
- Images of work must be submitted digitally through the online application. Each image should be in jpeg format, 10 inches wide, sized at 72 pixels per inch (720 pixels).
- Name your files with your last name, first name, and image title using an underscore to separate the names. Example: Doe_Jane_ImageTitle.jpg,
- Images exhibited in previous CURRENTS exhibitions are not eligible for submission. Entrants featured in CURRENTS 2021 will not be considered.
- If accepted, the entrant is responsible for making sure work is printed, framed (or otherwise presented professionally), wired and ready to hang.
- If accepted, individual works should not exceed 32″ x 40″ framed.
- If accepted, the entrant is responsible for either delivering the work or paying for shipping both ways. Shipped work should be packed in REUSABLE shipping containers. Please, no packing peanuts.
- An artist statement
- A concise description of the work, limited to 260 characters, which will serve as an introduction to your work, visible to juror alongside the thumbnail images. Can include title of series and a brief explanation of the project. (Think elevator speech)
- $25 application fee
New Orleans Photo Alliance (NOPA) reserves the right to reject any delivered art that does not match the online submission, or fails to meet framing and matting requirements. Artists should pack work in REUSABLE shipping containers and refrain from using packing peanuts. Neither NOPA nor the Ogden Museum are liable for any damages to artwork, or for artwork left after the closing of the exhibition.
New Orleans Photo Alliance reserves the right to use selected images online and in print for exhibition-related publicity purposes; NOPA will properly credit the photographers.
See NOPA website for membership details: neworleansphotoalliance.org