Call for Entries: CURRENTS 2020: NOPA Members Showcase
Photographers are invited to submit work for consideration in CURRENTS 2020.
CURRENTS is an annual exhibition which highlights the diverse photographic work being created by New Orleans Photo Alliance members. The exhibit will open in December at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, in conjunction with the PhotoNOLA festival.
Curator: Kilolo Luckett,
Deadline: Nov 6, 2020
CURRENTS is a showcase exhibition featuring 4+ images per selected photographer, and is designed to give an overview of contemporary photographic practices and projects. The 2020 show will feature works by no more than ten artists.
CURRENTS will open on December 12 and remain on view through January 31, 2021.
About the Curator:
Kilolo Luckett is an art historian, curator, and writer based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. She created By Any Means, an art series that engages directly with leading cultural figures to broaden the scope and understanding of contemporary art influence by black culture. She is currently writing an authorized biography on Naomi Sims, one of the first black supermodels.
Eligibility: Submissions are open to all current New Orleans Photo Alliance members, and applicants may join at time of entry. However, we ask that you do not enter if your work was accepted for CURRENTS 2019, or resubmit any images that have been featured in previous CURRENTS exhibitions. Different images from a previously featured series are eligible. Please note that selected artists typically have multiple pieces accepted into the show.
Submission Fee: $25
Submission Fee + NOPA Membership: $60
Enter here: neworleansphotoalliance.org/currents-2020
Deadline: November 6, 2020
Notification: November 12, 2020
Receipt of artwork: BEFORE December 4, 2020
Exhibition Dates: December 10, 2020 – January 31, 2021
Opening Reception & Juror’s Talk: TBD
-Submit 5-10 jpegs, from a cohesive body of work.
-Artist statement + brief project description are also required.
-You will have to create an account through EntryThingy in order to submit your entry.
-All art submitted must be original work, created by the applicant.
-New Orleans Photo Alliance reserves the right to use selected images online and in print for exhibition-related publicity purposes; NOPA will properly credit the photographers.
-Accepted works should be presented professionally, wired and ready to hang.
1. $25 application fee to be directed through Paypal immediately after your application has been successfully uploaded.
2. An artist statement or project description, to be pasted into the appropriate box when prompted at beginning of entry process – in creating your Entry Thingy profile.
3. A concise description of the work, limited to 260 characters, which will serve as an introduction to your work, visible to juror alongside the thumbnail images. Can include title of series and a brief explanation of the project. (Think elevator speech)
4. A portfolio of 5 to 10 images. Images can originate in any format but must be submitted digitally through an online application process.
5. Each image submitted should be in jpeg format, 10 inches wide, sized at 72 pixels per inch (720 pixels). Name your files with your last name then first name and image title using an underscore to separate the names. Example: Doe_Jane_ImageTitle.jpg,
6. Each image submitted will also require a title, dimensions, medium, and year created. Each image file and its accompanying information will be entered and uploaded one at a time.
7. Images exhibited in previous CURRENTS exhibitions are not eligible for submission.
The New Orleans Photo Alliance (NOPA) reserves the right to reject any delivered art that does not match the online submission, or fails to meet framing and matting requirements. Artists should pack work in REUSABLE shipping containers and refrain from using packing peanuts. Neither NOPA nor the Ogden Museum are liable for any damages to artwork, or for artwork left after the closing of the exhibition.
Ogden Museum of Southern Art
925 Camp Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Questions? Email David Armentor at: email@example.com
Please read the guidelines and application requirements thoroughly.
See NOPA website for membership details: neworleansphotoalliance.org
New Orleans Photo Alliance
3436 Magazine Street, #134
New Orleans, LA 70115
NOPA Gallery address:
(for hand-delivered work only)
New Orleans Photo Alliance
7800 Oak Street
New Orleans, LA 70118