New Orleans Photo Alliance members are invited to submit work for consideration in CURRENTS 2017. The exhibit will open on December 7 at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art in conjunction with the 2017 PhotoNOLA Festival.
CURRENTS is an annual exhibition which was initiated to highlight the diverse contemporary photographic work created by NOPA members. The show will include work by as many as fifteen artists, featuring several images by each selected photographer.
http://wolfdencreative.com/why-email-marketing-is-still-essential-for-small-businesses/ JUROR: Richard McCabe, Curator of Photography, Ogden Museum of Southern Art
source url DEADLINE: OCTOBER 10, 2017 (extended due to Hurricane Nate)
http://firstpamustang.org/wp-json/oembed/1.0/embed?url=http://firstpamustang.org/contact/ About the Juror
Richard McCabe is a curator, writer, and photographer. He was born in England and grew up in the American South. In 1998, he received an MFA in Studio Art from Florida State University. For the past nineteen years he has lived and worked in New York City and New Orleans.
Since 2010, McCabe has been the Curator of Photography at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art. He has curated over twenty-five exhibitions including: Seeing Beyond the Ordinary, The Mythology of Florida, The Rising, Eudora Welty: Photographs from the 1930s – 40s, Contemporary Alabama Photography, and The Colourful South.
Richard McCabe’s thoughts and writings on photography have been published in the New York Times, N.P.R., Louisiana Cultural Vistas, Spot, The Bitter Southerner, AINT – BAD, and South x Southeast magazine. In 2016, he contributed an introduction essay for the Fall Line Press publication: Sweetheart Roller Skating Rink: Bill Yates.
– Open theme
– Submit 5-10 jpegs, from a cohesive body of work
– Artist statement + brief project description are also required
– All art submitted must be original work, created by the applicant
– Images exhibited in previous CURRENTS exhibitions are not eligible for submission
Submission is open to all current members of the New Orleans Photo Alliance. Applicants may join at time of entry. You will need to create an Entry Thingy account in order to participate in this Call for Entries.
Submission Fee: $25
Submission + NOPA Membership: $60
October 10: Entry deadline (12 AM midnight CST)
October 23: Notification date
November 27: Receipt of artwork
December 7, 2017 – February 4, 2018: Exhibition dates
December 8: Opening reception & juror talk
1. $25 application fee to be directed through Paypal immediately after your application has been successfully uploaded.
2. An artist statement or project description, to be pasted into appropriate box when prompted at beginning of entry process.
3. A concise description of the work, limited to 260 characters, which will serve as an introduction to your work, visible to juror alongside the thumbnail images. Can include title of series and a brief explanation of the project. (Think elevator speech.)
4. A portfolio of 5 to 10 images. Images can originate in any format but must be submitted digitally through an online application process.
5. Each image submitted should be in jpeg format, 10 inches wide, sized at 72 pixels per inch (720 pixels). Name your files with your last name then first name and image title using an underscore to separate the names. Example: Doe_Jane_ImageTitle.jpg
6. Each image submitted will also require a title, dimensions, print medium, and year created. Each image file and its accompanying information will be entered and uploaded one at a time.
7. Images exhibited in previous CURRENTS exhibitions are not eligible for submission.
The New Orleans Photo Alliance (NOPA) reserves the right to reject any delivered art that does not match the online submission, or fails to meet framing and matting requirements. Artists should pack work in REUSABLE shipping containers and refrain from using packing peanuts. Neither NOPA nor the Ogden Museum are liable for any damages to artwork, or for artwork left after the closing of the exhibition.