New Orleans Photo Alliance members are invited to submit work for consideration in CURRENTS 2015. The exhibit will open in December at the Ogden Museum of Southern Art, in conjunction with the 2015 PhotoNOLA festival.
CURRENTS 2015: NOPA Members Showcase
Juror: Alexa Dilworth, Publishing and Awards Director,
Center for Documentary Studies (CDS) at Duke University
Deadline: September 15, 2015
This annual exhibition was created to showcase contemporary photographic work created by NOPA members. The show includes work by as many as fifteen Alliance members, featuring several images by each selected photographer. CURRENTS 2015 will open on December 10 and run through January 24, 2016. The public reception and juror’s talk will be held on Friday, December 11.
Eligibility: Submission is open to all current members of the New Orleans Photo Alliance. Applicants may join at time of entry.
Submission Fee: $25
Submission Fee + NOPA Membership: $60
Enter Here: neworleansphotoalliance.org/CFE/ET.php?cID=2714
About the Juror
Alexa Dilworth is publishing director at the Center for Documentary Studies (CDS) at Duke University, where she also directs the Awards program, which includes the CDS/Honickman First Book Prize in Photography, the CDS Documentary Essay Prize in Writing and Photography, and the Lange-Taylor Prize. In 1995 she was hired by CDS to work on the editorial staff for DoubleTake magazine, where she held the position of proofreader, managing editor, and then executive editor. She was also hired as editor of the CDS books program at that time and has coordinated the editorial, design, and production work for every CDS book since 1996—including Aunties: The Seven Summers of Alevtina and Ludmila: Photographs by Nadia Sablin; Legendary: Inside the House Ballroom Scene: Photographs by Gerard Gaskin; One Place: Paul Kwilecki and Four Decades of Photographs from Decatur County, Georgia; Iraq | Perspectives: Photographs by Benjamin Lowy; Literacy & Justice Through Photography; and American Studies: Photographs by Jim Dow. She has a B.A. and an M.A., both in English from the University of Florida, and an M.F.A. in creative writing (poetry) from the Iowa Writers’ Workshop at the University of Iowa. Alexa was born in Japan; raised in Springfield, Virginia, and Jacksonville, Florida; and has lived in Durham, North Carolina, for twenty-five years.
Deadline: September 15, 2015
Notification: October 6, 2015
Receipt of artwork: Nov 22, 2015
Installation of exhibition: Dec 7-9, 2015
Exhibition Dates: December 10, 2015 – January 24, 2016
Opening Reception & Juror’s Talk: Friday, December 11, 5-7 pm
Take down: January 25, 2015
-Submit 5-10 jpegs, from a cohesive body of work.
-Artist statement + brief project description are also required.
-You will have to create an account through EntryThingy in order to submit your entry.
-All art submitted must be original work, created by the applicant.
-New Orleans Photo Alliance reserves the right to use selected images in web and print for exhibition related publicity purposes; NOPA will properly credit the photographers.
-Accepted works should be presented professionally, wired and ready to hang.
1. $25 application fee to be directed through Paypal immediately after your application has been successfully uploaded.
2. An artist statement or project description, to be pasted into appropriate box when prompted at beginning of entry process.
3. A concise description of the work, limited to 260 characters, which will serve as an introduction to your work, visible to juror alongside the thumbnail images. Can include title of series and a brief explanation of the project.
4. A portfolio of 5 to 10 images. Images can originate in any format but must be submitted digitally through an online application process.
5. Each image submitted should be in jpeg format, 10 inches wide, sized at 72 pixels per inch (720 pixels). Name your files with your last name then first name and image title using an underscore to separate the names. Example: Doe_Jane_ImageTitle.jpg,
6. Each image submitted will also require a title, dimensions, medium, and year created. Each image file and its accompanying information will be entered and uploaded one at a time.
The New Orleans Photo Alliance (NOPA) reserves the right to reject any delivered art that does not match the online submission, or fails to meet framing and matting requirements. Artists should pack work in REUSABLE shipping containers and refrain from using packing peanuts. Neither NOPA nor the Ogden Museum are liable for any damages to artwork, or for artwork left after the closing of the exhibition.
Questions? Email Todd Rennie at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the guidelines and application requirements thoroughly.
See website for membership details: www.neworleansphotoalliance.org/membership
Shipping address for accepted works:
New Orleans Photo Alliance
3110 Magazine Street, #134
New Orleans, LA 70115-2305